Sunday, February 1, 2015

Cinnamon Banana Pancakes


































My son's absolute favorite breakfast food of all time is pancakes and bacon. I knew it was only a matter of time before he asked for the light and fluffy butter fried goodness again. That time came around 6:00 this morning, my friends!  As luck would have it, my neighbor told me just Friday of her banana pancake recipe.  Of course I had to tweak it a bit because that's just what I do.  These guys aren't the real deal, obviously, but they are pretty close and they are loaded with comforting flavors! Next time I make these, I'm going to heat up a little Maple Syrup to top the stack with followed by chopped pecans! 

Ingredients:
  • 1 Ripe Banana
  • 1 Egg
  • 1 TBSP Coconut Flour
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
  • 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp Nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
  • Coconut Oil or Ghee for cooking
Here's what ya do:

Blend all the ingredients in a food processor or blender until smooth.  Melt a small amount of coconut oil in a skillet over medium heat.  Add 1/4 cup of pancake batter and cook for 4 minutes then flip and cook for an additional 2 minutes or until each side is golden brown.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment