Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Broiled Salmon with Herb Dijon Glaze

You will have to forgive me for the picture above.  We had my in-laws over for lunch Sunday and I couldn't take a picture of the fish fast enough before everyone started fixing their plates.  By now, they are used to my experimental dishes but not used to me taking pictures of them for the blog before we eat.  I am quite thankful for the company and conversations they add to the table as well as the obvious "willing to eat anything" attitudes they possess!  For this meal, I served a simple salad as a side and ended the meal with a Pecan Pie.  I will share that recipe as soon as I am fully satisfied with the crust.  I think my father-in-law is willing to sacrifice his taste buds for this project.  He has just as big of a sweet tooth as I do!

Now, about the fish!  You will love the sharp flavor of the mustard combined with the fresh earthy tones of the herbs in this glaze.  I believe fresh lemon enhances the experience of this dish, but if you are burnt out on them like my husband, simply omit them.  Enjoy your leftovers with scrambled eggs for your morning protein or eat the whole meal over again!  This is a simple and quick meal the whole family is sure to love!



Broiled Salmon with Herb Dijon Glaze

Ingredients:
  • 2 pound Salmon Filet
  • 1 tsp of each- Sea Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper
  • 2 Cloves Garlic; crushed
  • 2 tsp Rosemary
  • 2 tsp Thyme
  • 3 TBSP Dijon Mustard
  • 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
  • 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar
  • 1 TBSP Avocado Oil
  • 1 lemon; sliced 
Here's what ya do:
  • Season salmon with salt and pepper
  • Place salmon on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper and slip under a low broil in your oven roughly 7 inches from the top.  Broil on low for 7 minutes.
  • Meanwhile, throw your garlic, rosemary, thyme, Dijon mustard, mustard seeds, vinegar and oil in a food processor.  Pulse for about 30 seconds.
  • Once your salmon has broiled for 7 minutes, remove from the oven and brush on your Herb Dijon Glaze and top with lemon slices.
  • Broil on low for an additional 7 minutes or until the glaze has begun to caramelize and fish flakes apart.
  • Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment