Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Zucchini and Asparagus Salad

clean veggie sides
 I hope everyone had a fantastic Easter break!  We stayed quite busy entertaining family and friends and taking a few quick trips with the kids.  This Zucchini and Asparagus Salad was a super quick side I threw together with pork chops for my dad and step mom one night.  I wanted to try asparagus raw rather than blanching it just to see how it would taste.  To my delight, I found that everyone at my table actually preferred it this way! 


Ingredients:
  • 2 medium Zucchini
  • 1 bunch Asparagus
  • 2 TBSP Fresh squeezed Lemon Juice
  • 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
  • 1/8 tsp fresh cracked Black Pepper
  • 1/4 cup Grapeseed Oil
Here's what ya do:
  1. Cut the ends off your Asparagus and slice diagonally into about 1 inch sections.
  2. Cut the ends off your zucchini and slice thin using a mandolin. Toss zucchini and asparagus in a medium sized bowl.
  3. In a separate bowl combine lemon juice, salt and pepper and oil well.
  4. Poor vinaigrette over veggies and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment